Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

There's Wonder in Our Dreams


and awe in our imaginations.

I'm terrified of the day that I lose the ability to hope,
to reach beyond the realms of possibility with my mind.

I can't imagine what it'd be like,
but I imagine it to be an empty shell.
A broken person.

I really, truly hope that its not something that can vanish.
Even if it only occupies a tiny room,
filled with a dim flickering light in the deepest recesses of my mind,
I don't want it to elude me.

Does it disappear with time?
Sometimes, it seems that way.
How did we manage to lose the amazement of childhood?
Why do boundaries and limitations have to accompany knowledge and experience?

But then again,
that doesn't seem to stop my friends and I from skipping across bridges with bouncy pigtails and building pillow fortresses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment