Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Pack Your Bags




And make peace with an empty town..

"Paper bags and plastic hearts" is perhaps my favourite snippet of lyric ever, by the amazingly fabulous band Boys Like Girls, who, by the way, did not disappoint at their gig last week.

But back to the point of this post.

Don't you ever want to run away?
Go somewhere new,
adopt a pseudonym
and start afresh?
Or maybe just live a lie for a little while,
play life with someone else's strings.

I feel like I need an escape.
I may only have been back at school for 3 days,
but I'm already drained.
In fact,
I started on an exhausted note after the epicness of band camp.

I feel like I need a break to re-evaluate my life, or rather my year.
I can't believe half a year has disintegrated.

Nothing has gone according to plan,
disappointment,
shifting circles,
drifting friendships,
and new directions

Everything just feels a little odd.
Just a tad out of whack.
Need Re-Orientation.

It seems I have also contracted SMS again.

1 comments:

I have been wanting to run away to Lisbon for almost 5 years now. I've never had the courage to do it. It's not the journey there that scares me, it's the journey back. AND... LOVE THAT SONG :) Boys Like Girls. *sigh* :)

 

Post a Comment