Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

The Untread Sepia Universe


Have you ever met someone again?
Met them for real, a second time?

Don't worry,
I'm not about to launch into some bitter jaded rant about not seeing someone for who they truly are :P


Today,
I met someone.

Someone special.

Someone I've known my entire life,
but never quite known.

I suppose that's how it is with parents,
its hard to imagine them with a life of their own,
a life before you!
But they had one, and boy did they live,
and some still live now.

I spent the evening poring over photo albums and scrapbooks,
meeting my mother for the first time,
it amazing, but strange.

I met a girl, an adolescent, a lady in the making.
I met an artist, a poet, a heartbreaker.
I met her first love,
I met her guitar that never quite made it to the next phase of her life,
I met the 90s poster girls who adorned her walls.

And through these photos,
I ventured through another universe.
But, I recognised someone.
Someone familiar.


p.s. The still living bit? Let's just say what my mother got up to with her friends, in their 40s, could only be labelled as shenanigans.

p.p.s. expect an image change sometime, this was one of those rare posts where I had the idea before the picture, and I haven't yet found one that fits just right

0 comments:

Post a Comment