Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Revelations of Despair.



Have you ever just woken up?
Opened your eyes to a different world?

Normally, its wonderful, awe-inspiring.
Normally, its a sign you've moved on, passed the pain, matured.

But sometimes,
its realisation of how little distance you've covered,
that, not only have you not made any progress as a person,
but have, in fact, gone backwards.
And maybe, just maybe you were only just awakening to a fact that has always been true.

That you're a horrible person.
That all you do is cause torment.
That your personal grievances are petty and insignificant and deserved,
compared to what you yourself have inflicted.
That no matter what you do at least one person will be hurt,
and that you,
foolishly,
selfishly,
chose more victims than necessary.

Its a very dark place.


But I'm the hero in my story.
I'll manage.
I'll save myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment