Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Tumblr Day Fifteen

Melania Brescia

I have dreams.

Many and varied.
Enough to overflow my streaming consciousness, entertain my idling mind in the realms of subconscious, keep wonder afloat in the stormiest of periods... and then some.
But most of the time, they're just dreams.

There are ones that I won't admit to,
Out of embarrassment? out of shame? out of fear
Foolish, often insignificantly shallow, or perhaps too far out of reach.

And then there are the others,
intangibly beautiful,
like hopes of sheer unadulterated bliss,
that slip through the cracks of my "maturing" life in moments of brilliance.
I guess I dream of happiness,
of laughter and an enveloping warmth, encircling the lives of all those in my little bubble.
I dream of the freedom that I feel right this very moment
and the interludes of euphoria when everything seems just right.
I dream of being anything and everything I want to be at every whim.
I dream of abandoning constitutionalism
to scavenge the world for abstract, shining pearls of knowledge, wisdom.
And I suppose sometimes,
I dream of the past and a future,
still untouched.

Then there are nightmares.
People forget that they're dreams too.
Fantasies that occupy a darker dimension.
A stitched canvas of everything we fear and try to elude.

I have dreams like that too, sometimes.

But if you ask me what I want to do in the future, I'll tell you something different.
I'll tell you that I want to become a psychologist,
that I want to learn a decade of languages,
that I want to immerse myself into all the world's major cities.
A lot more...solid, don't you think?

But they're not dreams,
they're goals,
built upon realism, expectation and being taught to want something, be passionate about something.
They're not the spark that inflames our dubiously expectant eyes as we gaze across the horizon.

p.s. this actually wasn't the post I was alluding to in the last post but some things pop up haha, this is part of my tumblr challenge which I'm completing at snail's pace

0 comments:

Post a Comment