Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Whisper Your Wishes Into the Wind

You never know who will hear them.

There are so many things we want, we're never quite fully satisfied.
But whenever we do get what we want, we're left in the lurch.
Because there are consequences.
Always, consequences.
But if I could have 3 wishes granted,
and no repercussions,
right now:

I'd ask for the dedication and motivation to work harder for my goals.
When I see anyone put their head down to slave away studying or labour tirelessly over their passion,
I am seized by admiration, inspiration and this tiny green fleck of seething jealousy.

I'd ask for deep, hidden pockets of time.
Not actually part of the 24 hour day, but a perpetual parallax whither I could escape, to just think,
or not, and just gaze vacantly at the sky.
Or even to re-watch Gilmore Girls and Daria and Scrubs and Devil Beside You and every other series I have ever enjoyed.

I'd ask for a teleportation device.
So I could visit those I miss so dearly and be frequently reminded of their lovely smiles.

Of course, I'd probably have to erase one of those and chance it to and end to world poverty, world peace and the power to fix global warming if I really had 3 wishes but just let me indulge myself for today.
^^

Ooh and tumblr challenge (day five).

0 comments:

Post a Comment