Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Honest Mirrors




Take a good hard look
Seriously,
do like what you see?
Its not about vanity
Its about realistic dignity
and self respect.
The mirror was metaphorical,
clearly.

We are fantastical realities fabricated by ourselves alone.

But honestly,
why is it so hard?

I want to
find the perfect equilibrium,
wavering somewhere between
undeserved egocentricity and excessive self criticism.
Act selfishly, without treading on others.

We struggle to face ourselves honestly.
We either hide from our flaws or become obsessed with them.
We do things to prove ourselves to others or to trick ourselves.

In the words of Blair Waldorf:
"I'm gonna kiss somebody someday and when I do, it'll be for me"

Just don't let appreciation of self
make you heady with your own astounding scent.

p.s. I realise Blair Waldorf is not a literary great, however, that line was the inspiration and basis for this entire post and in my pathetic sick state, I can think of little else more fitting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment