Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Just So Lucky



How is it that one ventures upon love?
Armed with a glance?
A smile?
An open heart?

The unsuspected surprise for two unguarded souls.
Some aren't so lucky.

How does a brief hello become a thousand words,
and conversations of silence?
Where all there is to be said
can be said without excess,
with tacit lips.
Unknowing surrender.

Some wouldn't dare

Pools of tears beneath our feet,
weary shadows in our souls.
A trail of scattered emotions marking the road
from that time long ago to here, now.

Some wish they were already there.

But for once, a Will will not pave the way
By chance only do sparkling eyes and coquettish smiles
turn to comforting silences
and proffered shoulders become the brush of fingertips
and tangled digits amidst tousled hair

All in time..
but I think I've found mine.


Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
May you be fortunate, when the time is right.

Dedicated to a Special Someone
“I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds– but I think of you always in those intervals.”
- Salvador Plascencia

ps. this is a little late, I haven't had a chance to write it since I was struck with a just-about-to-conk-out-in-bed bout of inspiration (and even written its a bit too rough for my liking)
pps. guess who has a job interview soon?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment