Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Seasons of Love and Turning Time

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife

In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?


Reflecting on a year and how its flown,
my fingertips can only grasp and tangle themselves through
the trailing wisps of memories

A year of firsts, lasts, hellos, goodbyes and everything in between.
A year of so many things,
so many people,
and so many precious moments.

I'm sure every year has been the same,
but this one more poignant than most.

I grew a little older,
laughed a little harder,
and cried a little more.

Hesitation, deliberation,
tentative steps forward.

This is how a new year, always begins.

ps. sorrrrrrry ><
mass apologies, however, I have been overseas, so I feel like I am justified in my failure to post.
I swear there will be more posts soon, if not of the type you're all used to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment