Fictional Lives

Where worlds collide.

Thrifting (and Shopping) Adventures


:D

Another blog update.. and yet again, no creative juices are dripping :(
(That sounds so wildly gross and inappropriate, I apologise)

But I received my fortnightly paycheck on Saturday and then ended up getting a little extra cash from covering a friend's shift on Sunday!
I was super ecstatic to find that the hole in my bank account (I usually try and maintain my account above a specific amount) had now been filled and with a little room to move.
(*cough* splurge *cough*)

On Sunday night, Daniel, his cousin and I also decided to hit up Crown after my first [insert their last name here] family dinner.
For the first time, I didn't lose and I didn't break even!
Yay! I only upped $40 actually haha but then again, my buy-in was at $30.

So obviously, my weekend involved shopping, to make up for the lack-thereof these past few weeks.

- Boys, this is your chance to escape before it gets boring -


Saturday
Shirt for work
A bra also for work (kidding)

Sunday
Dress (for work)
A non-cropped black blazer (FINALLY) - it also has some pretty cool detail on the back


THEN TODAY I WENT THRIFTING.
Aaaaaaaaah so much fun!
I found something at every single op shop we entered (only 3 though)

So the purchases in order:

A silver clutch style purse, with a gold chain
(I can't wait to wear this clubbing or out to dinner, I can picture it hanging off my LBD-wearing self who has one foot out the door)

A dusty pink blouse
(Of the floaty-with-strips-to-tie-into-a-bow kind)

Another blazer
(Checked, very vintage Rory-Gilmore-journalist-esque)

Two books :D
(To add to the overflowing "to read" pile that I have garnered this holidays)

Anywhoo, I apologise for yet another post that has no artistic direction or journalistic flair whatsoever...
Mayhap it will return once I purchase that cute-but-too-sheer romper and beautiful vintage full length skirt that I've been eyeing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment